Otterbox..... another iphone case question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
Hi, I'm scouring the web for a good case for my new iphone 3Gs, (which hasn't arrived yet!!). I'm a tradesman so need something really rugged, I quite like the 'otterbox' but am worried about the mic and speaker quality when it's in the case. Can anyone comment on this case or indeed recommend something similar/better?

Any comment appreciated.

thanks,
James.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
There is a echo in the blackberry line of otterboxes. Not sure if it is in the iPhone line as well.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz, ipod classic 160gb, iphone4 16gb, imac g4, ipod 2nd gen 40gb
I like the switcheasy capsule rebel, might just order one.

Thanks alot for your advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac, iPhone 5, Apple TV
I have a Capsule Rebel Serpent and an Otterbox Defender for my iPhone.

The Capsule Rebel has very good protection. I feel if I dropped my phone it would protect it well enough to keep my iPhone unscathed.

The Otterbox is awesome if you need something truly water/dust resistant and impact resistant. It is a bulkier case but it is light. I almost use my Otterbox as an every day case but I use my capsule rebel for every day.

I have had no issues with the speaker or earpiece with my Otterbox, and I got it a week ago. so I think any issues like echoing may have been resolved in the latest versions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The Otterbox is awesome if you need something truly water/dust resistant and impact resistant. It is a bulkier case but it is light.
FYI the case isn't water resistant! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Right. They used to bill it as "water resistant", and the Armor Series for the first generation was "water proof". I think the Armor series was not very popular because it added too much size to the phone. Apparently sometime between here and the past they have changed their descriptions on the website. The company has changed alot since they made their first iPhone case. The original Defender came with a lifetime warranty. Now I believe they all have one year.

Reaction score
well, Otterbox can be a good choice for you. Recently my friend show me his case bought from Dsstyles, it has nice look and i quite for their design.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.