White Ibook G4 problem, need a fix

Reaction score
Hi all I hope you can help me. I have recently purchased a white Ibook G4 the problem I have is that the battery hangs down (about a 3m gap).

It runs fine on the mains adapter but when I take the adapter off it just clicks off.

The battery itself is fine because if I push it flush with my fingers it connects with the terminals and is fine but I cant hold my battery in place everytime I want a laptop:eek:

So I am stuck with a desktop at the moment:[

Is there a fix for this maybe new battery or new battery latch?

Has anyone else came across this problem and how did you manage to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks D3v1L80Y was hoping for a more technical solution but hey **
Kevriano has your powerbook had similar problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No not at all, and I have had 2 iBook G4's, neither of which had the problem to this extent.
The batteries on both were never dead flush with the case though.
I reckon you could tighten the catch if you take the base off of the iBook and get to the underside. One thing to look at, does the battery eject mechanism work properly. That is to say does the battery spring out when you turn it? In the battery slot there are 2 small springs on the left as you look at it. Are they in place?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.