Remote Control for MacBook Pro

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Well I'm the proud new owner of a "used" MacBook Pro!

I'm upgrading from an old G4 iBook 933mhz...so quite a BIG upgrade.

The MacBook Pro specs:

- 2.33 ghz Core 2 Duo
- 2 gig ram
- 160 gig hard drive
- 17" screen

As many Mac owners know...the metal housing (I think that it's Aluminum) on used MacBook Pros can sometimes be very dinged up, scratches, and the corners can even be dented in. This MacBook Pro was absolutely beautiful...with no real external imperfections.

One BIG bonus was...the laptop came with an almost brand new battery ($129 dollar value)...which the previous owner mentioned had only about 10 hours of use on. In fact when I ran "Coconut Battery"...it actually showed that the battery was charging to a higher milliamp-hour level that it was supposed to when new (something like 102%, even though Coconut battery doesn't go above 100%).

Folks that have seen my posts before know that I usually only buy my used Macintosh's when I can get them at a really good price. I got this 17" 2.33ghz MacBook Pro on my local Craig's List for $725!

So finally to my question:

I think that this model MacBook Pro came with the little white Apple remote control to use with the Front Row Software...can anyone verify this to be true? Or basically does the Apple remote control work with a 2.33ghz MacBook Pro?

Thanks,

- Nick

p.s. I've already ordered one of the "Speck Products" hard shell protective products to keep my MacBook Pro as good looking as it is now. Not just for me, but for the next person that may get it if I ever sell it!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Well I'm the proud new owner of a "used" MacBook Pro!

I'm upgrading from an old G4 iBook 933mhz...so quite a BIG upgrade.

The MacBook Pro specs:

- 2.33 ghz Core 2 Duo
- 2 gig ram
- 160 gig hard drive
- 17" screen

As many Mac owners know...the metal housing (I think that it's Aluminum) on used MacBook Pros can sometimes be very dinged up, scratches, and the corners can even be dented in. This MacBook Pro was absolutely beautiful...with no real external imperfections.

One BIG bonus was...the laptop came with an almost brand new battery ($129 dollar value)...which the previous owner mentioned had only about 10 hours of use on. In fact when I ran "Coconut Battery"...it actually showed that the battery was charging to a higher milliamp-hour level that it was supposed to when new (something like 102%, even though Coconut battery doesn't go above 100%).

Folks that have seen my posts before know that I usually only buy my used Macintosh's when I can get them at a really good price. I got this 17" 2.33ghz MacBook Pro on my local Craig's List for $725!

So finally to my question:

I think that this model MacBook Pro came with the little white Apple remote control to use with the Front Row Software...can anyone verify this to be true? Or basically does the Apple remote control work with a 2.33ghz MacBook Pro?

Thanks,

- Nick

p.s. I've already ordered one of the "Speck Products" hard shell protective products to keep my MacBook Pro as good looking as it is now. Not just for me, but for the next person that may get it if I ever sell it!!!

They stopped shipping the remote with the new machines. I got one with my iMac last October but my MBP this month did not have one. No biggie for me as I never use the 3 I already have!

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
They stopped shipping the remote with the new machines. I got one with my iMac last October but my MBP this month did not have one. No biggie for me as I never use the 3 I already have!

Thanks for your reply...but my machine isn't a new one...it's a 2.33ghz MacBook Pro...first released about October 2006.

- Nick

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Never mind folks...I found the answer. The Apple remote does work with a 2.33ghz 17" MacBook Pro.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.