New Mac Keyboard - Can't Dual Boot

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a new slim metal Mac Keyboard with key pad today - not bluetooth but with a cord. I try to press the "option" button at startup and I can't get my computer now to dual boot. It just jumps into Mac O/S.

If I plug in my old keyboard and press "options" it goes right in to dual boot??? :Shouting:

I have updated both Win XP & Mac O/S and made sure I have all the keyboard drivers installed - did they change the button on the new keyboard to something elses???? Ahhh... Please help... :Angry-Tongue:

The Fuz

OP
F
Reaction score
I just don't get it - I thought it was a hardware problem but I can use the Alt/Option key in applications so I know its working....

Anyone? :(

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What model Mac do you own? I know the Aluminum keyboard has issues with the option key on some Mac Mini's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.