Kensington Wireless Studio Mouse Sucks!!!

Reaction score
For all you switchers out there, don't bother getting the Kensington Studio Wireless Mouse. It is terrible. The mouse is uncontrollable and it only recognizes clicks about half the time. The uninstaller doesn't even work. Total piece of junk.

Reaction score
I like the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Optical Wireless. Microsoft
makes pretty good mice.

W

warrenbert

I second the MS vote. I have one of the first MS mice with "IntelliEye" that I must have bought I don't know how long ago, but it was long ago. It has been a reliable and comfortable mouse through at least 3 different systems for me.

Their hardware unit is actually one of their more successful ventures.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
besides apple, logitech makes the best wireless mice.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed, Logitech mice are great. I like their Keyboards too and the fact they even put both the Windows and Mac symbols on a lot of them. Have all Logitech mice here, both Corded and Cordless and all work great on both PC and Mac.

M

mangoSharingan

I got a cheap Logitech MX-310 from somewhere and it's excellent. The middle button serves Expose very well. Wasn't exactly the easiest to install though to get all the buttons working but other than that, great buy.

Reaction score
I'm using the Ms wireless keyboard and it works just fine, i actually would rather have the Logitech wireless, but they don't seem to make the split natural keyboard any more. I also use the Logitech wireless mouse roller track ball, works just fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Thanks for the warning on the Kensington Bluetooth mouse, I'd been looking into it and had seen mixed reviews.
Your experience only confirms my fears - back to the hunt for a decent bluetooth mouse!

I'd put yours on eBay...

I

iDVFH.

My friend has a Logitech and the shape is too uncomfortable for my hand..the apple wireless mouse that I use is great..but I hear they don't last long..is this true? /=

I

i2oadi2unnei2

It took me about two months to decide on what mouse to buy for my PB. I ended up buying a BT500 from RadTech and I love it. I've never really care for BT, but since my PB was built-in, I figured why not and I've never regret it since :)

RadTech_BT500.jpg

D

DVD Guy

I have been using the corded version of Michael's suggestion at www.macmice.com. I love it!! Not only does it work great but it's form factor is second on to Apple itself. It is GREAT!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook 17" 1.5GHz, 2GB, 160GB Momentus; iMac 24" 3.06GHz, 2GB; iPhone 2.5G 8GB; iPod 5G 60GB
I use the standard Apple bluetooth mouse, and have absolutely no cause for complaint. Although the more I use the touchpad, the less I bother with the mouse.

R

roadracr

I purchased the Kensington StudioMouse Wireless last year and also developed problems with it ignoring clicks, etc. One email to their tech support, however, and they sent me a new one and it has been a great product. It is NOT Bluetooth, however, and it takes a USB port. It also has a power supply (I seem to have dozens on my powerstrip) for the charging unit. All in all, I think it's a good product.

OP
S
Reaction score
roadracr said:
I purchased the Kensington StudioMouse Wireless last year and also developed problems with it ignoring clicks, etc. One email to their tech support, however, and they sent me a new one and it has been a great product. It is NOT Bluetooth, however, and it takes a USB port. It also has a power supply (I seem to have dozens on my powerstrip) for the charging unit. All in all, I think it's a good product.

Thanks for all of the feedback!!! Maybe I should call them and let them know of the problem. Do you also notice erratic scrolling with the mouse? It is hard to control the cursor. I have to really try hard to get it to stay locked on an object in the dock so that I can try to click it. I've put it away for now but I'll call them and see what they say. Thanks again, Holly

R

roadracr

SexyHolly said:
Thanks for all of the feedback!!! Maybe I should call them and let them know of the problem. Do you also notice erratic scrolling with the mouse? It is hard to control the cursor. I have to really try hard to get it to stay locked on an object in the dock so that I can try to click it. I've put it away for now but I'll call them and see what they say. Thanks again, Holly

After they replaced my mouse (they sent me a whole new kit with the charging base), I experienced no problems. Good luck. :headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.