13 inch 2.53GHz or 15 inch 2.66GHz

Reaction score
Hello everyone on the forum. I have been trying to figure which of these two macbook pro I should get. I have an university student and I just want something mobile and can play some capcom ports. Would the difference of 2 inch and 1 pound make a big difference in mobility. Is it worth giving the mobility for the 9600M.
BTW I have a pretty decent homebrew gaming desktop...

Looking forward to any suggestions, thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
Well, erm, do you need a 13" or 15" panel?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
We can't decide that for you.

Go to the apple store and check them out. That's really the only way you will know for yourself.

I don't have any issues working on a 13" screen when I'm on the road.

I do prefer to be working on a larger screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I had the 15 for a month, then I switched to the 13, then the 17 for 3 days, and now I am back to the great mbp 15. Get the 15, it's the best of everything, in one package!!! I didn't have any issues with the 13 as a computer, but I did have problems getting oriented with the smaller size going from a 15 to 13. The 15, in my opinion, is worth it. It has more palm space to rest your hands as you type. The screen clarity is better, as is the color and resolution. I would setup a one-on-one time with the reps at the apple store, and make sure you learn everything before you buy each model.
Good luck!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
More Then I Can Count
I have the 13" for work and bring it home sometimes, but at home i have the 15" MBP, and they are both hooked up to a 22" screen so the 2" difference is not that big of a deal to me, it all depends on what your looking to spend...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.