spinning wheel

Reaction score
I seem to be getting the spinning wheel about 6 or 7 seconds after visiting websites, particularly ones i regularly visit. Anyone familiar with this syndrome, and have a solution? It lasts for about 10 seconds each time.:Grimmace:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what model of MacBook do you have

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Need to know more than just the symptoms to help you.

IE Browser and version. Not to mention your system specs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And how much memory is installed?

OP
A
Reaction score
Actually, it happens on all applications and has the effect of stopping all running apps - music stops if using itunes etc.

ok - my mac - I'm not so up on specs but here goes

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook3,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB31.008E.B02
SMC Version (system): 1.24f2

i use safari, but as i said it is not just surfin

the problem seems to have started after i was forced into not ejecting my external hard drive properly, though i cant be 100 percent this was the catalyst. sorry for any crap typing, i have a broken wrist! hence the delay in respondingto you guys.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Something has become corrupted. Try running Repair Permissions, maintenance scripts and if no joy boot from install DVD and run Repair Disk from there, and if all that fails download a little utility named Applejack, read manual, and run that.

AppleJack Project Page

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
Like harryb2448 said, you should repair permissions and do some maintenance scripts. There are several apps which can help you out with this. Personally, I use Onyx. Click the Automation button and then Execute, and it will do everything for you.

Reaction score
Need help also

Sorry if this is not posted in correct place.

Hi,

Please help if you can.

I have a 2 year old macbook. I have never had problems with it until a few nights ago. I was watching some videos and it started to freeze up on me. I turned off my macbook by holding down the power button. I left it alone until monring. When I tried to turn it on again I found myself at the gray screen with the apple and spinning wheel. First it would just stay here for 30+ and not do anything.

I have tried to reset the Pram and start in Safe mode by selecting down shift after the inital chime. Nothing happens.

Now I try to power on, goes to same gray screen with spinning wheel and quickly turns off.

I am currently away from home and my install discs.

I need to use my macbook now and I also want to make sure I do not lose the information I do not have backed up.

Do I need my original discs? Can I have someone burn me a copy and mail them to me? This way I do not risk losing the originals in the mail.

Or can I try something different without having my install discs.

Please help in any way you can. It will be greatly appreciated.

My email is [email protected]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.