logitech bluetooth mouse not found on restarting Mac Pro

Reaction score
hi

for some time now I have been using a logitech V270 bluetooth mouse with my Mac Pro which has a bluetooth 2.0 card installed. all works fine except that when i restart my Mac Pro the mouse is generally not automatically detected and i get the 'bluetooth mouse setup' screen with the message 'there isn't a mouse connected'. i then need to press the reset button on the mouse and go through the usual connection procedure.

i wonder i anyone has any advice as to how i can get this set up so that the Mac Pro automatically connects

thanks

nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
By card installed, Nick, do you mean an internal Bluetooth/Combo card, or a USB 2 dongle?

Reaction score
Bluetooth mouse not found on boot

I have the same problems with the logitech mouse. I've found that if I move the mouse (or the wheel) in the first few minutes of the bluetooth discovery cycle during boot then it will find it. I've also found that if I wait very long the bluetooth discovery process fails to work and seems to short cycle.

Good Luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Here's an incredibly stupid question, but perhaps an overlooked one:

Batteries charged ?

No joke. Perhaps you should try a different set of batteries. I was using some rechargeable ones that for some reason were just terrible. Caused connectivity problems all the time. Switched them out and all was well.

Second question: Is everything up-to-date as far as your OS goes ? I recall there being an update for the bluetooth drivers some time ago.

The next thing to do if all of this is good, is to try a different bluetooth device and see if it takes. If so, there may just be a problem with that particular mouse and such. Start with the easiest stuff first. When all the easy stuff checks out, move on to the next level and call Apple support if you have Apple care etc..

Doug

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.