Keychain

G

George Ochoa

Hey guys. I have a problem with the KEYCHAIN. My ibook was recently stolen and I recovered a total novel check the post "stolen ibook". Now im having problems with the keychain. I know it should be the same u use for ur username but i put the password in and it says "INCORRECT PASSWORD" i tried changing the username password so it will change the keychain password automatically but still doesnt work, i have tried all the pisble password but they dont work. That crap keeps asking me for the keychain password everytime i try to go to a website or log in to msn messenger.

ANY SOLUTIONS ?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Since I have not used it, can you turn it off?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
After looking at it, I don't see how to turn if off. You can try deleting the com.apple.keychainaccess.plist file. which is located: OS X -> Users -> user-name -> Library -> Preferences. By removing that file, I believe it will reset things, to a clean slate.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Do you have the master password in System preferences> Security?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
have you tried repairing permissions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.