Oh No! I've half-installed Snow Leopard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
So I downloaded the install packages for Snow Leopard, opened the installer, and began installation. Then, my computer started acting really funny about 75% through the installation process - the keyboard stopped working, applications wouldn't open, and the installation seemed to have stopped making any progress. So, at this point, I foolishly restarted my computer. :Oops:

When I started it back up, I got to the gray screen, then it flashed a gray no sign, and a disk with a big ? over it, and cycled through these rapidly, which I know means it can't find the startup disk.

I'm pretty sure that my copy of Leopard is still intact (I hope!), but the computer doesn't know from which OS to boot, and one of them is only partially installed. Is there a way to sort of reverse this, maybe by removing the new files that the Snow Leopard installer created via target disk mode? Do I have to wipe my hard-drive and do a complete reinstallation of Leopard?

Please help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
And where pray tell did you get it? It's not out until September.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Snow Leopard isn't available as a download.
We're done here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well, it is available for download if you're have a sufficient apple development membership level, but in that case the NDA agreement prevents you from talking about it in forums such as this.

So in either case DB is right – discussion over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.