Disk Utility reporting errors?

M

MacInWin

I have had my iMac for about 8 months. This past week Carbon Copy Cloner, Onyx and Disk Utility are all reporting "permissions differ" messages. Here is just one of dozens:

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Components/AudioCodecs.component/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- ."

Most of the messages are in the System/Library, some in Components, some in "PrivateFrameworks/iPhotoAccess.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Plugins/<various names>.IAPlugin/Contents/CodeResources" or similar. Most of them are in System/Library in various areas.

Repairing permissions fails with the same errors.

To my knowledge, I haven't installed anything recently that should have changed files to links, although I have allowed updates from Apple as the prompts arrived from "Software Update..."

I know the "l" in the permission means it's a symbolic link instead of the actual file. Do I need to try to get these fixed, and if so, how?

TIA

UPDATE: Never mind, further searching reveals it is a "known" problem that Apple is ignoring. No harm to it, just annoying...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Yep just ignore it is the short answer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.