Ipod crashes Itunes

Reaction score
I have had a new iPod classic 120gb since April and it has been working fine, but as of last night when updating, it froze my itunes and mac and so i had to restart it. This wiped my ipod, and it allowed me to plug it in and restore it to factory settings, but now everytime i plug it in it automatically starts syncing but after a few songs it always freezes itunes and i have to force close it, I have tried to delete the songs it crashes on, but then it just crashes on something else and means that I cannot put any music on my ipod, and as it automatically starts syncing as soon as i plug it in i cant change any settings or stop it before it freezes.
Please can anyone help me! Im scared to plug my iPhone in and update that as I am not sure whether it is a iTunes or iPod problem, as my ipod is fine when it is not plugged in, it works, but just has no music or anything on it.

Thanks
Shauni

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I would run some maintenance apps on the mac first

Give MainMenu a try and start by rubbing a disk repair and permissions repair

MainMenu | Keep your Mac in shape

OP
M
Reaction score
I tried that but still no luck (Thankyou anyway) , I managed to restore my iPod once again, and now seem to have more control over iTunes but my ipod still stops synchronizing after so many songs and just goes back to the "connected" screen, so I presume it is a problem with the iPod, but as restoring it does nothing does anyone know any other ideas?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.