configuring my macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" Macbook Pro 4GB ram 160GB HD/8GB iPod touch 1G/iPod Classic 120 GB
I recently totaled my budget for the macbook pro that Im ordering next week :], and I have about 1400 to spend. Im getting the 13.3" macbook pro 2.26 ghz. My question is, would it be worthwhile to upgrade my RAM and hard drive space or should I stick with the standard configurations, and save my extra money for accesories? Im going to be using it mainly for schoolwork, and maybe the sims 3 but thats about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
I say keep your money for accessories. The standard 2 Gig may already suit your needs for what you need to do. Keep in mind you can always upgrade RAM later and for cheaper.

OP
macgirl2423
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I say keep your money for accessories. The standard 2 Gig may already suit your needs for what you need to do. Keep in mind you can always upgrade RAM later and for cheaper.

on apple they charge $200 to buy 4GB of RAM for that model, but if you add it on when you order it it only costs $90. Or am I missing something?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you want to upgrade parts from the stock configuration, don't do it through Apple. They charge a hefty premium for parts you can get yourself at a local computer shop (or online) for half the price.

Reaction score
The HD on the MBP's is fairly decent. And if you're not packing it with games and video it should be more than enough. Plus, you can always buy an external HD as well. I'd spend the extra on a cooling pad, and the newest iWork and iLife.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
And with an Ext HD you can do back ups in case u have a failure just before that important exam

OP
macgirl2423
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The HD on the MBP's is fairly decent. And if you're not packing it with games and video it should be more than enough. Plus, you can always buy an external HD as well. I'd spend the extra on a cooling pad, and the newest iWork and iLife.
I'm still not sure what to do because I'm having my macbook shipped to Delaware. and upgrading my RAM and hard drive space tax free sounds very tempting. I may get an external HD in the future, but I don't like the idea of having to buy more RAM or space from some source other than apple and putting it in myself. I'm no good with that type of stuff and I don't know anyone who is. Plus I may be using it for lots of sims expansion packs if they come out with new ones and maybe even some different games

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.