Wifi Security - VPN?

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and a recent switcher. Can't believe I didn't switch sooner, this has been the best computing experience of my life.

Anyway, I'm going to be doing some extensive traveling over the next month or so and I'll be using free wifi connections while on the road. I know that there is massive vulnerability when it comes to this, and I wanted to know what you all recommended as a way to be more secure? Is there a VPN product/service that is widely considered to be the best option for this?

Thanks in advance everyone, your help is very much appreciated.

MacStack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
I am using CISCO VPN for Mac OS X ..... easy to use ... never caused me any issues.

Just to be clear, a VPN client is not an all in one Security product. It builds an encrypted and protected communications tunnel, that's all.
Whatever goes through that tunnel ( good or bad stuff ) ... it doesn't matter for the VPN client.

Make sure your end-point protection is not only focussed on the VPN side of things :)

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.