playing video TS files (bup, ifo, vob)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
Hi everyone,

I have a movie someone gave me that's broken up into three different file formats, a total of 17 files, some of which are .bup, some are .ifo, and some are .vob. I can play the .vob files seperately in VLC, but the main movie files just play the DVD menu screen, and there appears to be no way to select chapters or play all like you do with a regular dvd (see attachment). I'm thinking I have to burn the files as a real dvd or use some other program to get these to play correctly, but I don't know how to do this.

Thanks!

圖片 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You're going to need to convert them to the same format. There's no way you can stitch different formats together and make it watchable.
Look for a good video converter. Handbrake may be a good solution, but there are possibly others more suited to this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Alternatively, you can simply point Apple's DVD player at the VIDEO_TS folder and it will treat it as a DVD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.