Transferring 10.4.11 pref. & files to 10.5.7

Reaction score
I just bought an imac and am trying to transfer my files and preferences to it from a G4 Quicksilver running 10.4.11 and another Quicksilver running 10.4.3.

I finally connected as a target disk and transfered the files, but can't get the imac to open or install my address book files, my Safari bookmarks or anything. Can anyone tell me if I am overlooking an easy fix to this?

Thanks, Manuel

iMac8,1 3.06 GHz, Intel core 2 duo, 2 GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM, OS X 10.5.7

T

todd51

Did you just export the Address Book and Safari bookmarks? They should have an export/import wizard for each program that will make it pretty easy.

OP
M
Reaction score
Don't know

I guess I don't know how to do that. The Address book I transfered to the iMac can't be opened with 10.5.7 or so it says.
When I try to import with the new Address book, even from the target disk of the old G4, I can't find any files to import. I'm searching -import address book archives, target disk, user, Library, and then can't find anything to import. It has address book plug-ins, and that is all.
I am very confused!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.