"The application Aperture quit unexpectedly"

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem!
I have installed Leopard to my imac, formating the drive so that all the old stuff got lost. Before I did so I copied my aperture 1.5.6 to an external hard drive and controlled that it worked well on that drive.

After installing the Leopard I try opening aperture but get the message "The application Aperture quit unexpectedly". I can only see the aperture logo on the dock for a second before it quit.

I have seen that others have had similar problems and have tried out some of the suggestions given, but to no help. I guess I am rather disappointed with apple and mac. Why haven´t this issue been taken care of? Anyway, anyone who can enlighten me so that I can get to my photos again?

ringvara

Reaction score
If you keep trying to open it, you should get a dialogue box with an option that says something like Reset Application and Relaunch, try that. If it doesn't work, then restart your entire computer, and if that doesn't work, than to what ringvara said and completely re-install Aperture.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.