Is there a free alternative to Airfoil?

S

socialpest

i know i'm a cheap skate, but i was wondering if anyone knows if there is free alternative to airfoil out there?

i wanna listen to real internet radio via my speakers which are hooked up to my airport express.

OP
A

andremal

What do you mean "real internet radio"? iTunes has some awesome stations.

socialpest said:
i know i'm a cheap skate, but i was wondering if anyone knows if there is free alternative to airfoil out there?

i wanna listen to real internet radio via my speakers which are hooked up to my airport express.

OP
S

socialpest

yeah i know you are totally right. the real reason was a bit longer to type... and i didn't really want to go into so much details but here goes...

i've got a load of apps open on my powerbook and it's running a tad slow even though i have a gig of ram. i had this bright idea that i could stream somafm through VLC and hook it up to my airport express so i could close itunes down and help speed things up a little. i know itunes is not a massive app but i would assume that it uses up more resources than VLC. all the other apps i need open to complete the work i'm doing.

i guess not only am i a cheap skate i'm lazy at typing too!

OP
A

andremal

LOL, good enough. Was just wondering because I used to run Winamp on my PC and I absolutely loved the Digitally Imported internet radio station as well as Groove Salad. I was thrilled to see them both available thru iTunes. :)

socialpest said:
yeah i know you are totally right. the real reason was a bit longer to type... and i didn't really want to go into so much details but here goes...

i've got a load of apps open on my powerbook and it's running a tad slow even though i have a gig of ram. i had this bright idea that i could stream somafm through VLC and hook it up to my airport express so i could close itunes down and help speed things up a little. i know itunes is not a massive app but i would assume that it uses up more resources than VLC. all the other apps i need open to complete the work i'm doing.

i guess not only am i a cheap skate i'm lazy at typing too!

OP
S

socialpest

mmmm groove salad - that's exactly what i'm listening to on this lovely sunny day :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 ghz Powerbook 15.2 inch screen 1 gig ram
so is there an alternative to airfoil

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.