Boot Camp > The Orange Box

Reaction score
Sorry if posted in the wrong place.

I installed Windows through Boot Camp before, all working fine. Then I tried to install The Orange Box, but I constantly keep getting an error. "Unable to locate Steam.dll" Can anyone help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Google for 'unable to locate Steam.dll' plenty of suggestions as to the cause. This probably isn't BootCamp-OSX related but rather has to do with the Steam executable itself.

Reaction score
Do you have Steam downloaded and installed? You can get it here.

Probably the Orange Box requires Steam installed on your system to run. I could be wrong though. Give it a shot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
Steam should install as the first thing when installing the OrangeBox as this is required. Doesn't hurt to download it separately and install it as well as Vega mentioned.

Reaction score
Steam should install as the first thing when installing the OrangeBox as this is required. Doesn't hurt to download it separately and install it as well as Vega mentioned.

Maybe he removed Steam, or the file wasn't there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.