Grainy?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Well, yeah. it is kind of grainy but minimal. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 250GB 4GB RAM
Looks a tad noisy. What ISO was the shot taken at?

OP
S
Reaction score
it was taken at a ISO of 100

i am still trying to get used to all the thing photoshop cs4 has to offer. its alot different than my cs3 portable for windows. ahah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" 2.4 Ghz 250GB 4GB RAM
Hmm, well ISO 100 should be less noisy than that I would have thought!!!!!
What camera was it?

OP
S
Reaction score
its just a rebel XT. i think it becuas adjusted the Gamma and stuff on the photo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
If you bump up the brightness or exposure, it will create noise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
And, if you had used a high ISO (400+) would cause grain like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
VI: I think you have a different model camera then what the OP is posting about. If the OP really has the DR XT, which is model number 350D dating back to 2003, it doesn't support ISO 3200, and definitely does have noise at ISO 400 (see: Canon EOS 350D / Digital Rebel XT Review: 19. Photographic tests: Digital Photography Review)

The XT does take very nice photos, but at iso 100, in this photo, it may be caused by his playing with the gamma and other exposure related settings in post. I'd say with how dark the photo is overall, after doing an adjustment to make it brighter, it would be normal to see some noise. A LOT less on a newer camera, but what you have isn't bad.

My biggest suggestion on the photo - as the focus of the image is the front end, the 2 things that draws my eyes away from the car more then they should: The beam behind the car is too bright (use layers in photoshop to reduce that area), and there are two lights on the left side of the photo that somewhat hover due to there being overhead lights that you can't see ceiling on - I'd do what I could to edit those out - ones eyes should want to stay fixed on the subject - it's easy for things like over exposure in a dark photo (the beam) or floating lights near the main subject to distract the viewer from what you want them to focus on...

Just some thoughts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I'm sorry, I guess I missed the tongue in cheek intended humor of your post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I'd like to see a full resolution raw image before making any comments, at 156k it's a pretty low-res jpg for the image size and to be honest, I'm seeing what looks to be more artifacts than noise on my monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 15' - Ultimate Drive- 100GB hard drive
It does not look like noise, it looks more like damage to the file to me. This would happen due to over processing and editing. This is a guess but did you up the saturation, maybe it's too much??

OP
S
Reaction score
nah i think what nefhel said was right. since i am getting used to the new stuff in CS4 like the new exposure stuff i think thats what caused it. the original was not in raw cause i forgot that it was not on that but it is like that in the edited photo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X MacBook White
What do you mean by "You can't tell if it you"? but Intresting shot. Keep up the work. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 15' - Ultimate Drive- 100GB hard drive
Yeah, definitely overprocessing then, maybe not saturation, but exposure or something like you said...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.