Adding Movies To iPhone

Reaction score
I have converted DVD movies into mp4 format and then added them to my iTunes (ver. 8.0) Library. I wanted to export them to my iPhone but unfortunately (as opposed to iPod) there is no tag called Movies when synchronising and I can not find the added movies on my phone. There is a tag called Video, but this allows only rent a movie or TV programs. Can anybody help on how to properly export own movies (videos) to an iPhone and where to look for them in the phone when uploaded?
Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
well once you put them in iTunes just add drag them to the iphone and it will add them to it.. once they had uploaded to the phone go to the ipod on the home screen on the phone and select video and it will be on the top. i have 2 moives on my iphone and they are first, then music video, and then podcast.

Reaction score
I do not own an iPhone, but yes, simply dragging it to your iPhone in the side of iTunes should do the trick.

Reaction score
I have a question that is somewhat related, so I thought I would ask here instead of creating another post.

When I import movies that I have ripped with Hand Brake and etc., sometimes it appears in my TV Shows section. What determines whether iTunes sees it as a movie as apposed to a TV show?

I would love to have all of my movies in the Movies section.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
In version 8.2 of iTunes, there is a 'Movies' section under TV Shows where you can choose what movies you want to sync.

I imported some movies using Handbrake and although some will sync others are grayed out and can't be transfered. I never done anything different with those and they play in iTunes okay but just won't go on the iPhone.

See attached screen shot.

Hope that helps. :)

iTunes.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I have converted DVD movies into mp4 format and then added them to my iTunes (ver. 8.0) Library. I wanted to export them to my iPhone but unfortunately (as opposed to iPod) there is no tag called Movies when synchronising and I can not find the added movies on my phone. There is a tag called Video, but this allows only rent a movie or TV programs. Can anybody help on how to properly export own movies (videos) to an iPhone and where to look for them in the phone when uploaded?
Thank you in advance.

It took me a few minutes to figure this out when I first got my iPhone. Go to the Video tab on your iPhone in iTunes. You can scroll down from this screen. Movies are listed below the TV show heading. There's a checkbox to Sync Movies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.