Posting podcast

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro Intel Core Duo, ProTools HD, Digi 192
Hey guys,
I've never dealt with podcasts before so forgive me if this was priorly posted..
My mother's company composed a presentation and is being posted on her associate's website. Their goal is to have the presentation be downloadable do anyone's computer and be saved as a podcast (when clicked on, on the website), and viewed on an iphone/ipod touch.
~How do I go about doing this?
~What type of file should it be saved as?
~MUST it go through itunes?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 2.8GHZ, 4GB DDR3
The podcast doesn't HAVE to go through iTunes. iTunes just makes it easy to search for and the like. A podcast is nothing more than a music file.

One hosting option is through Free Podcast Hosting, Podcast Social Subscribing or if your mom's company has a server, hosting it on there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 17 inch intel imac
Hey guys,
I've never dealt with podcasts before so forgive me if this was priorly posted..
My mother's company composed a presentation and is being posted on her associate's website. Their goal is to have the presentation be downloadable do anyone's computer and be saved as a podcast (when clicked on, on the website), and viewed on an iphone/ipod touch.
~How do I go about doing this?
~What type of file should it be saved as?
~MUST it go through itunes?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

That is a pretty complicated question. Easy answer is to make contact with a podcaster or a podcasting meet up group in your area and get help. The process is not hard but takes a while to explain.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.