Problem with folders changing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
I never thought I would have to come to you guys for such a simple problem, but I can't figure it out.
Ok, when I restart my computer, the folders I have specially changed (like files moved to a certain place, or folder files shown in list) it all gets reverted to window sizes all the same and files taken out of place. Its really annoying.
The best thing I can think of is a batter problem.. or power issue.. I just don't get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
well the only thing that i have any remote clue about is changing window sizes so that they always open up at that size.....not sure how to do it on finder windows but all programs this should work.

open up the program
resize and move to where you want it
fully quit the program
restart the prog and all should be good

you have to do all that without working in the program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Get rid of your finder preferences and see if that works? I had a similar problem and I threw those prefs away and then restarted the finder and everything I did from then on.. seemed to work great..

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Ah, I did force quit the finder and soon after that i restarted and it started to show up.. that could be it... thnx guys, ill try it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.