Mac Mini - front end/application questions!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
After scouring the world wide internetz I need some assistance. I have a Mac Mini hooked up to my 52" Samsung. I am looking for a front end or something that can do two main things:

1. Allow me to surf from 10 feet away without using glasses and/or squinting. I have searched for something like this for hours and I cannot find anything. Basically like a web browser with a Front Row/Plex/Boxee feel. I can jack up the font in the browser, but I cannot see things like the address bar and icons very well. Maybe a Firefox add on? Maybe a browser made to be used from the couch?

2. Allow me to see my music like Front Row/Plex/Boxee, but at the same time let me search for music with a keyboard. I also need to "queue" things and not just have them start playing when I select them. I can use iTunes or something, but I need something made to be used from the couch. After having Sonos I am totally spoiled with the queuing and searching. Sonos Desktop is also too small to use from the couch (not to mention I need to change the audio when I go back and forth from music and other things as the Mac cannot be a "zone" for the Sonos).

Edit: I did just figure out how to queue in Plex. Getting closer!

It seems like Front Row/Plex/Boxee have 95% of what I need. It is the other 5% that is really making me ticked off. I just want to sit from the couch and browse the web and play tunes without squinting. I have so many songs I cannot scroll through the dang artists every single time I am looking for something. I always have a keyboard and mouse on the coffee table so I do not need something that can be totally controlled by the remote. I have seen some people make playlists grouping artists like "A-C" and "D-F" etc., but this is unacceptable to me.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. This is really getting to me! Other than that I love having an additional Mac connected to the TV at all times! Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OSX 10.6, 1TB Storage
Not sure if its exactly what you're looking for, but check out an app called Sofa Control

OP
mdfuller
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro
Looks interesting. Trying it now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.