How to copy/paste 'where from' info from image 'more info' window.

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've downloaded quite a few images from the web, which will be used in a pretty public exhibit in a few weeks. I should have saved all the locations from where I got the images while I was getting them, but I somehow thought my company would take care of copyright issues and so didn't. It'll take me a lot of time to try find the good images I found, and the addresses are saved as metadata, which is great, BUT, when I click on the image and view 'more info's, I am unable to easily copy the 'where from' info.

Anyone know how I could copy and paste this easily? The addresses are so long that manually typing them would also be a pain in the ***. We're trying to display where we got the images from during the exhibit... so... anyone? Please help!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The easiest way I can think of is do a screenshot with the Command+Shift+4 key and select that more info "Where From" area and let go of the mouse. You will have a pic. Would that work for you or you do you need just the text in a text format?

Here is an example of what I am talking about....

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

OP
M
Reaction score
Hey dtravis7,
Thanks loads for the reply and the attached files:) But do you think there's any way I could retrieve it in text form? Because I would have to somehow insert the individual addresses into, say, a report or a spreadsheet...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.