Won't go to sleep Macbook

Reaction score
I'm about to purchase a macbook which won't go to sleep and the camera doesn't work. It is black and $500, i don't mind that much about the camera and i'm mainly concerned with any problems which may be effecting the sleep and possibly other problems with computer?

When the computer is shut it wont go to sleep, does that have any negative effect or show any negative harms of the computer other than it simply wont go to sleep?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try Command/Option/Eject and if that puts it to sleep then u can use that method - test it before u buy.

OP
C
Reaction score
I'll try that, if it doesn't work is there anything to worry about? Will the laptop still operate fine and be able to shut down and function as if it actually could fall asleep when closed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
It's hard to say what the problem is. It may be something simple, or it may be something serious.

Is there any particular reason you feel like spending $500 on a computer that you know is not working properly? There are plenty of used computers out there that work just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.