What to Buy??

Reaction score
Hi, I'm leaning towards an iPhone 3G S at the moment, but I need to know if it's TOTALLY 100% worth it (from current owners please) or if I should just settle for the 3G. I WOULD like to use video recording and would probably use it a lot of the time. In general besides using it as a phone (duh) I'd probably like for GPS, music, photos/camera, youtubing, and probably weather are the main ones. Also I'm in canada and work under Rogers so what are the best plans for me to look at and how much might it come to monthly? I'm thinking of the $60 voice/data package and a $20 extra value pack so it might come to 122.45 for the first month and 87.45 monthly for the following. Main question: IS THE 3G S WORTH THE BUY?? THANKS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" Standard Spec. iPhone 4 16GB
Hiya,

Not sure about plans as I am in the UK. I upgraded from a 3G to 3G. I must admit it was worth it. You do certainly notice a difference and if you want video recording then you would have to go for the 3G. The voice commands work surprisingly well too and I use it a bit more than I thought it would. Going back to speed, when I had a 3G and it needed restarting I knew that I might as well put the phone down and come back to it. But the 3G only takes just over 21 seconds to boot up so if your in a hurry it's brilliant. I didn't get into a contract though I got the phone on Pay and Go because I would rather not get into a contract and knowing Apple there will be a new one next year and I would have to pay to get out of the contract.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.