Frozen iPod

Reaction score
I have a 80 gb Gen 3 ipod

It is frozen on a song nad will not play

I tunes said it was corrupt and needed to be reformated

It then froze ( love Itunes )

Now it it does not recognize the ipod therefore I cannot format it.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
as always thanks for nothing, I never get responses here. What gives ?

32 views and no replys

Mac People.... you can have it

PCs Rule

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
That's very rude and impatient. We don't spend all our lives here you know! I was going to say good riddance, but I'm not really like that, so if you bother to come back and read this.....

Does the screen on the iPod still show the stuck tune? If so you need to reboot the iPod first.

Read this article.

How to reset iPod

Now, sometimes it will still be stuck, my iPod did this and it was because the HD had got stuck. A light tap on it's side got it going again.
However you may need to force it into mass storage mode to reformat it. There are plenty of articles that tell you how. Use Google!

PC's suck man, Mac's rule, it just that sometimes people are a bit dense when it comes to these things.

Reaction score
All you need to do is put it in DFU mode and restore it in iTunes.. I'm sure that guide that Kevriano supplied says that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook2.1 /2,00 GB/80GB HDD- iPhone 3G 8GB
Well, I hope your iPod's running again, mine didn't do as wel.
It got stuck like yours, and from there on out it spent more time in the freezer than in my pocket playing my fav tunes.
At some point all good things come to an end.

cheers m8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 1TB SSD (2019; OS Ventura 13.5.2), 3 GHz, 8GB; 1TB; Glyph Studio 1TB ext;
Shame about the impatient OP back in 2009. Anyway I had a frozen Classic and the provided link worked a treat and I'm back in business. Such a simple solution.

I don't know what I'd do without my iPod and Bose Sounddock in the garage/workshop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.