parallels internet security updat

Reaction score
anyone know how to install the kaspersky internet security update on the vm?

also, how do you turn the darn thing 'ON'? i keep getting a balloon telling me it is turned off.

thanks. i'm tired of posting to a forum that takes hours to even post your post and then doesn't really answer your question. hoping i can have better luck here...certainly can't be worse.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I honestly wouldn't bother with Kaspersky. It's one of the worst AV packages out there. I'd recommend Avira AV (free edition) or running no AV at all and just making backups of your virtual hard disk periodically. Worst case scenario, you'd just nuke your virtual hard disk file and copy the backup to the same directory.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I agree with cwa. I've been using the free edition of Avira PE for sometime on all our Win machines. The Kaspersky package besides being difficult to install is going to wind up costing you $$ to renew the signature subscription whenever the year is up.

You might also take a look at the free edition of AVG here.

Regards.

OP
margaret438
Reaction score
thanks, i'll take a look at the 2 products noted above. for now i put on mcafee from comcast to get me thru. i want to get kaspersky removed, but for now i was able to disable the functions that kept giving error msgs.

trying to install parallels so i can have access to IE reminded me why i wanted to migrate to mac. lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.