New powerbook virex help

N

New Wave

I have had my pb g4 for about 9 months now and i have been very carful with downloading as to not get viruses and stuff of that nature... so far so good....at this point with my pc i was infected not only with viruses but spyware and the mac has saved me from all this and that is why i swithced. Today i did a scan and found that i have 1 possibly infected file and this makes me feel uneasy and i would really like to find out what is going on. Virex doesnt seem to give a lot of information about whats goin on though and i figured i throw this question to the pros.... so any info you guys and gals could give me would be great! thanks...
oh and its virex version 7.2 if that matters...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
what file was it?
This would be much more helpful

OP
N

New Wave

The thing is i dont know how to see what file is no good... is there a way? it only says one possibly infected file... is there a way to tell which file it is? I am new to this virus program...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
its most likely a pc virus, there are NO os x viruses, virex scans for pc viruses as well so you don't spread viruses to pc's, besides that, virus apps are unnecessary, that pc virus wont harm your mac. if youre networked with pc's, then its necessary.

OP
M

menace3054

every once and a while i find a few viruses on my computer, but they are PC viruses and wont effect your mac at all. macman pretty much stated it all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
no, bu if you get a .mac account, it comes with virex. this is because virus scanning software is not necessary.

OP
M

mMmApples

Macman said:
no, bu if you get a .mac account, it comes with virex. this is because virus scanning software is not necessary.
I think it is a nice thing to have, I currently have an infected file and I understand it won't affect my computer but I still don't want it on there. How do I go about getting rid of it. Virex is a very sketchy program, it doesn't really do anything

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.