"Kind" field in Finder (List View) displays wrong language for folders

Reaction score
Hello world !

I have a display problem on my mac Finder. When I select List View, the Kind field of the folders displays "Folder" instead of "Dossier" (which is the french translation for "Folder" as my OS X is in French). Until now, the Finder displayed "Dossier" as Kind for folders. I tried to change the language from French to English and revert back from English to French but it didn't solve the problem. I also tried to edit the line "Folder" = "Dossier" to "Folder" = "Test" in the InfoPlist.strings located in System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj but that didn't help either, nothing happens. The Kind field keep displaying Folder instead of Dossier. However, for instance, if I change the line "Burn Folder" = "Test 2" or "Volume" = "Test 3", these changes work and appear in the Finder. By the way, I already tried running all the maintenance scripts and repair disk permissions but without success.

Thank you all for your help !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.