Toshiba TEAC DV-28E in ibook ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
hey , i was just wondering if any one know's if a Toshiba TEAC DV-28E will fit or be compatable with an ibook (ibook g3) the guy says he think's it is , but i want to make 100% sure before i went for the purchase ... i have to let him know other wise he's going to put it up on ebay in a couple days , but it's a combo drive ..

click 1

Click2

click 3
there are some pictures of it , the only thing worries me is the front bezel if the apple one will go on it or not , but he states that it'll work in the ibooks , please let me know what you think thanks .

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't know if it will fit in your iBook. But you can look at this diagram,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Just by looking at it,i really don't think so, take a look at the door of that drive, i guess you willl have to modify your iBook's case. Even though i'm really new w/ Macs i can tell you that the main problem with optical drives and "stillish notebooks" is the door of the tray.

OP
Ghostshadow
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Yeah , i think ill pass it up , i dont want to take the risk of it not being compatable ... thanks though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.