iphoto - when i click on thumbnails an exclamation mark pops up

Reaction score
Hi

Can you help?

All my photos are in iphoto and i can view the thumbnails but when i click on them an exclamation mark pops up. This doesnt happen on portrait photos though , only landscape.

Does anyone know what this is and how do i fix it?

Thanks

Sam

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 4Gb RAM, 1Tb Time Capsule. iPhone 3GS, Macbook
The help pages show this as a possible low resolution alert. What resolution are the images which produce the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Sounds to me like you may have made some changes to the photos outside of iPhoto. If you move or make changes to photos outside of iPhoto it will lose contact with the photos and you will have to re-import them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
Exactly -- if you rotated those photos in the library in finder, you will get that result. Stay out of the finder!

Reaction score
Exclamation mark iphoto Solution

Hi

Can you help?

All my photos are in iphoto and i can view the thumbnails but when i click on them an exclamation mark pops up. This doesnt happen on portrait photos though , only landscape.

Does anyone know what this is and how do i fix it?

Thanks

Sam
FOR YOU. IF REVERT TO ORIGINAL DOESN'T WORK AND YOU HAVE A MAC DO THE FOLLOWING.
1. Place all of your problem photos in the iphoto trash. DO NOT EMPTY THE TRASH PLEASE.
2.Go to finder and search jpeg, pictures, OR images one of the three will find all of your precious money sucking relatives(just joking)
3.Highlight all the pictures then drag and drop them into iphoto.
4.Sort them, now you know why you stored the other pictures in the iphoto trash...LESS TO SORT
5.This works GOD BLESS MAC COMPUTERS

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.