Download blues!

A

AndyNorfolk

I need some help, i have had my imac for 3 years now but have only used it offline for photography work, i used my PC for surfing and what not. The PC has now died yay! but i'm a bit lost surfing using my mac. I use safari and find it more than adequate, the problems i have is when i want to download something, before i just right clicked on the link and saved as or saved target as, but now my mac will open the attachments but i cant see a way of just saving it, like on a PC. I have tried dragging an image onto desktop but it just copies the thumbnail and not the bigger picture.

Looking forward to your infinite wisdom.
Andy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Ctrl Click on the Links and you can Save linked file as

OP
A

AndyNorfolk

Thank you that seems to be what i'm looking for. This is a good site an answer in 6 mins where others take 6 days

Reaction score
you gotta love this site, im gonna switch, but im waitin on tiger, so im learnng everything that i think i might need to know, from this site, so when i get my mac, i'll have a little knowledge.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
also, if you dont control click, you can just click the link and it should download it automatically, and with images, you can drag and drop them to your desktop or a folder for easy saving of images.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB RAM
Whenever I right click a file it has Save Linked File to 'Net Downloads' (the folder I set in my prefs.)
How do I get it to change to 'Save Linked File As'?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hold down option. when that menu comes up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 2GB RAM
Thanks alot,
Is there any way to make it permanent? Because I never used to have to until I reset my settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've been wondering the same, haven't found a way yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
also, with images, you can ctrl click and "open link in new window/tab" and then you can see exactly what you are getting. Then, just drag it on the desktop or save as....

Reaction score
I usually just drag any image I want into a folder or onto the desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
djlee12 said:
I usually just drag any image I want into a folder or onto the desktop

the problem with that, is sometimes you don't get the full size file or full resolution file. A lot of the time you do, but not always. depends on how the page was designed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.