My Macbook restarts on it's own!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, Ipod Touch
I haven't even had my Macbook 1 year. I took it to a apple store to get this problem fixed. They said they fixed the problem. Minute I got it home it started again for a few days, then it was o k for 1 1/2 months. Yesterday it started it all over again. It's frustrating, Help please!

Reaction score
This is happening to me too. I don't know what to do. I tried calling technical assistance but they won't help, well they will for 60$. I read that someone else had this problem in the UK in 2006 and Apple replaced the Logic board and it fixed the problem.

I've reset the SMC, reset the PRAM/NVRAM as they suggested. I think the next step is to re-install the OS. But I doubt that's the problem!

Does anyone know how to fix this???

Reaction score
Could it be a heat problem? I know Imacs have a internal heat cap, if it reaches the cap the machine will reboot to prevent damage. Think macbooks have the same thing. Think it wont be the problem, but if you experience some heat problems too, it could be it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.