• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Need camera recommendations

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 13" MBP, WD 7200 RPM 320GB HDD, 4GB RAM; 2 EDU iBook G4s, 4g nano, 16GB 2g Touch, shuffle
My husband and I are leaving a week from tomorrow for Guatemala to work at an orphanage for two weeks. Being busy with many other things, I have put off camera shopping until now. I need either a VERY cheap camcorder (i.e. $150 or under) to take SHORT videos with that will then be added to keynote presentations to show our students (we are both teachers). OR I would like a good point and shoot with video capability and good optical zoom. These are what I have narrowed my search down to. Do you have any thoughts/considerations? We will not have a computer down there so the Flip is not an option. I prefer something that is SD compatible.

RCA Small Wonder EZ300Newegg.com - RCA EZ300HD Black 2.4" LCD Small Wonder HD Digital Camcorder

Samsung hz15w Samsung HZ15W 12.2-megapixel digital camera with 10X optical zoom at Crutchfield.com

Panasonic dcm-zs1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 10.1-megapixel digital camera with 12X optical zoom at Crutchfield.com

also considering the dcm zs3 but that is a bit expensive.

Has anyone had any experience with these and can give any input?? Again I am trying to get the biggest bang for the buck and will only be taking up to maybe 5-10 minute videos, no long ones.

Thank you!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.