thinking of buying a clamshell

N

nadeem

just love the design of the old iBook and would love to buy this one here - anyone tell me how easy it is to fit an airport card and ram to it as well as upgrade to panther...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
nadeem said:
just love the design of the old iBook and would love to buy this one here - anyone tell me how easy it is to fit an airport card and ram to it as well as upgrade to panther...?

All three are very simple. Here's a link to the iBook instruction manual, which explains the installation of the AirPort card and RAM:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Manuals/ibook/0340890AIBOOKUG.PDF

Upgrading to Panther will just be a matter of putting in the disks running the installer.

OP
S

sonofapplepm

My wife and I just bought a Tangerine iBook. It had been upgraded to 366mHz w/ a cd burner and started life with 64Mb. I put in an airport card and upgraded the ram to 320Mb's. I also installed Panther in modified form.
(less the alternate language sections). I ended up with just over a gig of HD space leftover. She mostly uses it for surfing, iTunes,and iChat. It seems to do this with ease. We paid just over $300 U.S. shipped. Hope this helps.

BTW, the ram and airport installation is very easy. It can be accessed under the keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you are planning on installing an AirPort card, just remember to get the original AirPort card. Clamshells cannot take the AirPort Extreme. I have known of a few people who have made that mistake and were left with a wireless card they could not use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.