• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

how can I record what I see on my monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
I was wondering if there is a free way to record what I see on my monitor because I want to make a video for a friend to help him with a flash game online

Thanks in Advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" uMBP: iPhone 4
iShowU looks great - I am going to use it for some guides I am going to do for YT.

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Thank you very much guys

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone know of another one because that has a large water mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
I'm sure the watermark is prolly there until you pay for it, but that's the risk with shareware - until you pay for it, something is made to remind you (and everyone else that might see the output) that the program is unpaid for ;D

Hope you find something else. If you find something free that does a good job without watermarks, post back what you find.

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Will do. No luck yet I found one freeware version but it was very poor quality and had major frame rate issues.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Screenflick is another but it is shareware as well -http://tr.im/sLfD

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks screenflick has a much smaller and more transparent watermark. This should do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.