Can I use time capsule with airport express/air tunes?

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a time capsule as my base station. Is it possible to add an airport express to the network without physically connecting it to the time capsule as I want to use airtunes and my stereo is nowhere near my mac. Thanks for your help. I havnt a clue how to go about this as I am new to mac as of 3 days ago.

Any help / instructions would be much appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Sounds possible to me, but to do the set up u might want to check this out or hope that someone else comes up with detailed info

OP
T
Reaction score
Still trying to sort this out. Any brainiacs out there got some bright ideas please.

Many thanks.

Reaction score
It is possible. I've done tree weeks ago. You can use wizzard configuration on Airport expres and choose "add device to existing network". Than Time capsule DHCP add IP address to you Airport Express.

OP
T
Reaction score
wow! thanks you so much for your reply. I am glad somebody else has done this. Can you talk me through it step by step please as I am new to this.
Many thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.