replacing the HDD in a new 13" uni-body

Reaction score
I am about to purchase a Toshiba 500GB 2.5" sata drive and i am going to put it in my new unibody 13" MBP. My question is can i just put it in, just as the manual instructs, and then just stick the os x disk in and install it? or is there something else that i have to do? like do i have to partition the HDD first or what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I am about to purchase a Toshiba 500GB 2.5" sata drive and i am going to put it in my new unibody 13" MBP. My question is can i just put it in, just as the manual instructs, and then just stick the os x disk in and install it? or is there something else that i have to do? like do i have to partition the HDD first or what?

You have it correct, and you will run disk utility in setup. You need to make sure that your partition map scheme is Guid Partition Table. Good luck and have fun.

OP
L
Reaction score
thanks alot guys i really appreciate all the help you have given me. I cant wait to get my HDD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.