Which Heaphones are Best for my iPod?

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've been drooling over earphones on cnet but cant seem to decide which is best and affordable. I am looking to purchase earphones for my boyfriends birthday. He likes to jog and so I want to find something that will sound good (he listens to indie and hip hop and all that lays in between). I would love to find earphones that can also be used during travel so as close to noise cancelling as it can get without being actual noise canceling headphones as well as the ability to make it sound good but hear his surroundings (i do not want him to get hit by a car). These are the ones I'm looking at, any thoughts?

Skullcandy Full Metal Jacket headphones Headphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Skullcandy Chops headphones Headphone reviews - CNET Reviews

Skullcandy - Smokin' Bud Ear Bud Headphones - Black/Chrome - S2SBBB-BC

thanks so much!

Reaction score
These aren't really the best for jogging, but you shouldn't really be looking any further than the Bose In Ear TriPort headphones. The definition and seperation of instruments is awesome.

I've had two sets (lost the 1st) and for what you'll pay for them, offer fantastic quality with great customer service. Bose are renowned for replacing any faulty products without question or a receipt.

Make sure you pickup the 2nd version if you buy them. They've got white & black on the cord, the 1st version were just black. There was some design problems with the 1st ones, and some shops are still trying to sell them full price to get rid of old stock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66Ghz/160GB HDD Unibody
Sony - Ear Bud Headphones - Black - MDRAS40EX
These are the ones I use for my classic. I got them because I needed something that would stay put on my ears. I use them mainly when I go on long motorcycle rides because they stay on when I put on my helmet and are pretty comfortable. They come with different size ear hooks and ear gel tips. Perfect for jogging

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody, C2D 2.0GHz, 4GB, 500GB
I ordered a pair of Sennheiser MX660 a little while ago (Have yet to arrive). They are $40 from the website I bought them from. I also have a pair of Sennheiser PX100's (over the head, foldable phones). These are awesome, but for jogging I think they'd just keep falling off. I bought the MX660's for work, so I hope they are half as good as my PX100's.

I can post back when they get here (Hopefully tomorrow) and let you know if they are any good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody, C2D 2.0GHz, 4GB, 500GB
The MX660's arrived today and I must say, initial testing they sound really good. I think anyone would be pretty happy with them. I figure after a few days of listening they should be broken in enough.

For price, awesome headphones. Just my two cents worth on them :)

Reaction score
they may be good but I fell in love with in-ear earbuds after strugling with Ipod's earbuds falling from my ears!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.