Ram questioning

Reaction score
SO from my understanding I can use any pc2100 ddr ram into my ibook as long as its notebook ram ofcourse. So if I goto bestbuy and buy any kind of ram thats 2100 ddr it should work right ? im just making sure before I spend the money. Im a total mac hardware newb :dummy:

E

EvoMac

I take that back, here is a list of pricing from bestbuy for ram that is available for your laptop. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...evance&mipp=25&uq=laptop+ram&_requestid=31609

Keep in mind you do not have to match the speed of the ram, it just will not perform to its max. IE: My mac mini process pc2700 however I put a stick of pc3200 it just access at a lower clock speed. Bestbuy however might not be your cheapest place to locate ram. Try www.newegg.com, www.tigerdirect.com, www.pricewatch.com, www.ebay.com

OP
J
Reaction score
newegg is the cheapest ! :) 512 stick there with really good reviews for $60 thats what i'll get later.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.