Anything but Photoshop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67GHz 15.2" Superdrive 1.5GB RAM
Hi all,
I am looking for another good image editor. I am not so keen on Photoshop (and it costs a lot of money). Any suggestions?

The images I mostly deal with are bmp or jpg and mainly I need good color contrast and saturation, especially in the green channel. Most of the time I need to make judgements between very green, not so green and somewhat green.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Gimp is really good, you can also look at Photoshop Elements 3.0 that retails for $99 (cheaper at some online stores) that I find is really good for photo editing/enhancing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Toy viewer may do what you want, the color contrast tools are reasonable.
Freeware so worth a try :) Far more options in that little program than expected.
tp://waltz.cs.scitec.kobe-u.ac.jp/ (outdated link removed)
Have fun

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
photoshop elements will work, or corel photo paint.

D

dreric1kansas

graphiccoverter

Those are all great but graphiccoverter is more powerful and cheaper and continually upgrades. It is shareware and definitely a best buy for mac users.

Dr. Eric Flescher, ([email protected]), editor MacsU.N.I.T.E. (Subscribe send email to : [email protected]) , MacCompanion Reviewer/writer (http://www.maccompanion.com/); moderator [email protected]- to subscribe [email protected]; editor TechU.N.I.T.E. (Subscribe send email to PC version TechU.N.I.T.E.- Technology Users Network for Integrating Technology into Education- to subscribe send email to [email protected]: [email protected])

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.