Boot camp and Snow leopard

Reaction score
I have been looking around the fetures list of Snow leopard and I was wondering what effect, if any, it would have on the preformace of XP under boot camp.

I am a gamer at heart so i use my PC side for gaming and my mac side for work and preformace is important to me and i was wondering if my Mac book would get any significant upgrade to its preformace by upgrading to Snow leopard.

Will i be able to use both graphics cards at once?
Will they sort out the over heating issue?

sorry if i have missed anying blatently obvious.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We don't know yet what will be included in any (if any) update to Boot Camp. I suspect there will be an update providing at the very least new 64 bit drivers for Vista and Win 7. As far as any performance boost to XP goes, it would be dependent again on a driver update.

Running hot in Windows while gaming is a hardware issue. Snow Leopard is not going to help there. There are ways of controlling the heat while in Windows. You need to search this forum and read about some of the solutions for cooling things down.

Using two graphic chipsets at once? Not going to happen.

Snow Leopard is an update and improvement to OS X, not Windows.

Regards.

T

todd51

We don't know yet what will be included in any (if any) update to Boot Camp. I suspect there will be an update providing at the very least new 64 bit drivers for Vista and Win 7. As far as any performance boost to XP goes, it would be dependent again on a driver update.

Running hot in Windows while gaming is a hardware issue. Snow Leopard is not going to help there. There are ways of controlling the heat while in Windows. You need to search this forum and read about some of the solutions for cooling things down.

Using two graphic chipsets at once? Not going to happen.

Snow Leopard is an update and improvement to OS X, not Windows.

Regards.

Well said. I'm curious to see how much faster the computer in my sig will perform with XP running in VMware Fusion. I know VMware just released a new update a couple of days ago that had support (32bit) for 10.6 Snow Leopard. Right now my older MBP is a little sluggish when XP is starting and logging in. Man I wish I could put more RAM in it, but it's already maxed out at 2GB! :Shouting:

I would love to have 4GB of ram with Snow Leapard!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.