My macbook jams :(

Reaction score
My macbook used to jam on the blue screen and nothing would appear. I tried the installation discs and now when i start up my mac it jams on the Install Mac OS X screen and 'the please insert "Mac OS X Install Disc 2" screen appears. I have repeated the installation a number of times and the same situation seems to occur.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.53 DC2, 09 Mini 2.0 DC2, 07 Mini 2.16 DC2, MB 2.0 DC2, iBook G3 900MHz, G4 Sawtooth 1.6Ghz
are you using the installation discs designed for your macbook? i dont recall there ever being a Disc 2 on a macbook as they should be DVD. you cant use discs from another mac product to install unless it is a retail disc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
are you using the installation discs designed for your macbook? i dont recall there ever being a Disc 2 on a macbook as they should be DVD. you cant use discs from another mac product to install unless it is a retail disc.

Really? The installation discs I have for my MacBook clearly read "Disc 1" & "Disc 2."

mad_hatter, it would be helpful if you posted some more details, what model is your MB and what exactly are you trying to do? A fresh install of the OS?

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry, as your can probably tell im not the best with computers. My macbook is the black one, i dont currently have it with me, so thats pretty much all the info i can give on that.

At first i was just trying to get back onto my mac, with all my files still there. Now, from what it looks like, it seems i may have to restart the whole thing which due to the frustration the thing has led me, im prepared to do lol!

So any help on restarting the entire thing, or if it is still possible, just fix it, I will be more than happy with :)

Thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.