iPhone/iTunes sync

Reaction score
Hi All
thanks for your help in advanced.

I have a new iphone 3gs, my itunes is full off music and movies.

Music syncs but tv shows and movies will not, it seems you can only sync things you bought from itunes.

if i try to drag and drop items it fails s well.

All items are the correct format

any ideas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
Hi All
thanks for your help in advanced.

I have a new iphone 3gs, my itunes is full off music and movies.

Music syncs but tv shows and movies will not, it seems you can only sync things you bought from itunes.

if i try to drag and drop items it fails s well.

All items are the correct format

any ideas

You can sync movies and such that you did not buy from iTunes, but there are some requirements:

1) The video needs to be in a format the iPhone can handle. The best way to do this is to use handbrake on the Mac.

2) The video needs to be in iTunes. This is simple as you just need to drop it in there.

3) Last, but not least, iTunes need to know what videos to put on your device. Click on your device in iTunes, go to the movie tab, and select the items you want.

That's it! I hope that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
I had a similar problem when I first got my iphone and the solution was staring me in the face. While viewing the Video tab on your iphone in itunes, you have to scroll down to view the rest of the options under the Movies heading. There is a check box labeled 'Sync Movies', but you can't see it without scrolling down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.