How to upgrade to japanese Language Support Package

L

leelovesbikesto

I'm trying to open PDFs with CJK characters but Acrobat says "The Japanese Language Support Package is required to display this page properly"

I have tried to reinstall Acrobat but there's no option to add this support. Can anyone help?

I have posted this on the Adobe forum without much luck. The thread is here if you're interested!

I'm running OS10.3.8 and Acrobat CS Pro (as part of the Creative Suite package - the installer includes AI, PS, GL etc.)

Thanks, Lee

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
when the OS is installed first, you have the option of installing support for other languages. Im not sure if you can install it after the system, but youd need disc 3 of the panther install discs.

OP
L

leelovesbikesto

Macman, again! Is there nothing you don't know!

I think it could be quite risky, trying to install OS components from the disc, don't you?

OP
L

leelovesbikesto

I've just had a look and I've only got 1 OSX install disc, called Software Install and Restore...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok, those are the discs that came with your mac, not retail discs, it should be on that disc,
or not, I don't think you can install additional languages on a mini, you may need the rewtail panther discs.

OP
L

leelovesbikesto

This is for the G4 tower, not the Mini. The Panther software only came on 1 disc. What are the titles of the other two discs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the other 2 discs are called panther install disc 2 and 3. Im not sure if a g4 tower would have come with installers for other languages, so you may have to borrow disc 3 from someone, or put in the software restore disc and see if there's anything on it that says
languages or something.

OP
L

leelovesbikesto

I've trid the restore disc which doesn't have any options, either. I wonder if I could get hold of the 3 install discs from Apple, or an Apple retailer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
panther retail costs $129, I recommend borrowing it from someone if you can.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.