Can't install iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I'm not sure if we have any Linux users in here, but i would like to try iTunes on my older PC, but i need to be able to sync an ipod with the computer. So iTunes is my only option, unless there's another software out there that can sync with an ipod. Please tell me if there is. If not, I can't get iTunes to install under Wine. It keeps giving me an error that quicktime couldn't be installed. Now i installed Quicktime beforehand with no problems. So what could be the problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
iTunes is not for Linux. Mac and Windows only. But you can use Songbird, which is open source software (yay!) and get an add-on that will allow it to work with iPods. It's weak point is iTunes movies and TV shows, which it doesn't seem to know what to do with, but I think it will sync your iTunes stuff fine to your iPod.

That's about the best you can do. iTunes does not support Linux.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iTunes is not for Linux. Mac and Windows only. But you can use Songbird, which is open source software (yay!) and get an add-on that will allow it to work with iPods. It's weak point is iTunes movies and TV shows, which it doesn't seem to know what to do with, but I think it will sync your iTunes stuff fine to your iPod.

That's about the best you can do. iTunes does not support Linux.

O sweet, i'll look into that then, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook. iLife '09. iWork '09. Mac OS X 10.6
Sure. No problem.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You know what, i tried the Songbird, installed the ipod add-on, but it still isn't recognizing my shuffle, it's not popping up in the program. I guess i have some research to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 1.25 GHz DP, OS X 10.3.9/OS 9, NVidia GeForce 4 Ti 128 MB, NEC 22" CRT
Can you use your iPod in a different mode (rather than syncing it) so you can just copy the music files over by dragging them?

Jude

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.