remotely accessing a pc from a mac or iphone

Reaction score
Hello,

Would anyone know if this is possible:

I have a PC computer at home and would like to use my mac laptop to remotely access it when abroad. Is this kind of cross platform use possible?

If so, would i have full functionality of the pc? It would be running over a bradband connection at both sides?

Finally, i also have a iphone and i have heard it may be even possible to access the pc from this too. Once again assuming i have a good spped connection at both ends would i still have full functionality of the remote machine? i.e does the iphone act as basically a screen?

Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have a look at the free version of logmein. It's secure and allows access over all internet connections. There's a mac and pc client.

You can access this on your iphone in Safari for free for occasional use but the iphone app(not free) is far superior if you're using it frequently.

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks, if i did it via my iphone would it work just like a computer i.e be able
to run programmes from my iphone? So basically i would just be viewing my computer through the iphone screen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Through the standard interface in safari you are a little limited to what you can do as you don't have access to keyboard shortcuts, right-clicking etc, there's also an issue of scale.

But fundamentally you can do everything you would normally do sat in front of your pc/mac.

The benefit if the native app is that you have access to dedicated controls and you can scroll around the screen and generally navigate much faster and easier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.