changing to mac

N

new dude

hi all i have windows xp pro and am thinking of changing to mac but i would like to know the latest version of mac and if you can still play games from ones ive bought from the shop ie doom 3 and that and also i dont even know what mac looks like so any links to mac screenshots would be nice also anything to convince me more please say :spook:

Reaction score
new dude said:
hi all i have windows xp pro and am thinking of changing to mac but i would like to know the latest version of mac and if you can still play games from ones ive bought from the shop ie doom 3 and that and also i dont even know what mac looks like so any links to mac screenshots would be nice also anything to convince me more please say :spook:

The short answer is NO!

The games you have now for the pc will not work on the Mac, you would need Mac versions. The Mac is not particulary a gaming machine, though it does run a lot of games quite well, but if you are a hard core gamer stay with the pc.

To find out what a Mac looks like go down to your local Mac dealer or to CompUSA and look at them. You can't even begin to learn about Mac from pictures, you need to get hands on to get the feel of OS X.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
double posting isnt allowed. to see screenshots, do a search here for desktop customization, theres a huge thread called official desktop customization thread.

OP
N

new dude

if i got mac os x will i be able to install on my pc or is it totally different to a windows pc coz ive custum built my pc motherboard cpu memory ect....

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You will not be able to install OS X on a PC (intel chip set).

OP
E

EvoMac

Hey not to hijack but how did you make a background of all album images from your itunes playlist? That looks cluttered but cool at the same time?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.